Hyundai Motor Reports May 2023 Global Sales
- 2023 May global sales totaled 349,194 units, up 7.8% Y/y
- Hyundai Motor sold 280,514 units outside of Korea, a 7.7% increase Y/y
- Sales in Korea increased 8.4% Y/y to 68,680 units
- The gradual recovery from the global parts shortage and newly launched models spurred the company’s robust sales momentum
SEOUL, June 1, 2023 – Hyundai Motor Company today announced its May 2023 global sales of 349,194 units, an 7.8 percent increase year-over-year. Despite the continuing uncertainties in the business environment, the company maintained its robust sales momentum this year, thanks to solid demand for Hyundai vehicles.
In May, sales outside Korea increased by 7.7 percent to 280,514 units. The gradual recovery from the global parts shortage and production stabilization have helped the company secure solid performance in North America, Europe and India.
Sales in Korea were up 8.4 percent from a year earlier to 68,680 units with the introduction of new models, including the all-new Grandeur (badged as AZERA outside of Korea), and strong demand for SUV models. In Korea, the Grandeur sold over 11,500 units and Hyundai’s SUV models collectively sold more than 20,254 units.
Hyundai Motor maintained its electric vehicle (EV) sales momentum by selling around 23,000 units around the globe in May. Hyundai’s dedicated battery electric IONIQ models, including IONIQ 5 and IONIQ 6, accounted for nearly 70 percent of its total EV sales.
To meet its customers’ diverse needs, Hyundai Motor will continue implementing various measures to deliver class-leading products, including the all-new KONA SUV launched in March, Santa Fe SUV and IONIQ 5 N, to be launched later this year. More details about the new models will be shared in the near future.
* Monthly sales figures provided in this press release are unaudited and on a preliminary basis.
1. Sales in Korea is based on retail sales while overseas sales (global sales excluding Korea) is based on wholesales.
2. Sales results include sedan, SUV and CV models produced by Hyundai Motor.
3. This press release contains forward-looking statements that are based on current expectations about possible future events. Our actual results may differ due to a variety of factors.
- End -
About Hyundai Motor Company
Established in 1967, Hyundai Motor Company is present in over 200 countries with more than 120,000 employees dedicated to tackling real-world mobility challenges around the globe. Based on the brand vision ‘Progress for Humanity,' Hyundai Motor is accelerating its transformation into a Smart Mobility Solution Provider. The company invests in advanced technologies such as robotics and Advanced Air Mobility (AAM) to bring about revolutionary mobility solutions, while pursuing open innovation to introduce future mobility services. In pursuit of sustainable future for the world, Hyundai will continue its efforts to introduce zero emission vehicles equipped with industry-leading hydrogen fuel cell and EV technologies.