Hyundai Motor Reports January 2023 Global Sales
- 2023 January global sales totaled 306,296 units, up 8.4% Y/y
- Hyundai Motor sold 254,793 units outside of Korea, a 7.8% increase Y/y
- Sales in Korea increased 11.5% Y/y to 51,503 units
- Hyundai sold nearly 14,000 EVs last month, led by IONIQ 5 and IONIQ 6
- The company targets more than 4.32 million global vehicle sales in 2023 with demand driven by new models
- More details about the all-new KONA, including EV variant, will be announced in March
SEOUL, February 1, 2023 – Hyundai Motor Company today announced its January 2023 global sales of 306,296 units, a 8.4 percent increase year-over-year. Despite the continued uncertainties in the business environment, global sales have grown steadily from last year thanks to popular new models and strong demand for the brand.
In January, sales outside of Korea increased 7.8 percent to 254,793 units. Solid performance in the North American and European markets as well as the Indian and Asia-Pacific markets on a wholesale basis helped drive momentum.
Sales in Korea reached 51,503 units, 11.5 up percent from a year earlier. The company maintained a strong momentum of SUV models selling 14,635 units.
Hyundai Motor maintained its EV sales momentum by selling nearly 14,000 units in January, led by IONIQ 5 and IONIQ 6. The two models sold more than 9,000 units together.
In 2023, the company is aiming for global sales of 4.32 million units, including its Genesis luxury brand, with optimized business strategies tailored for each region. The company aims to sell 3.54 million units in overseas markets and 781,000 units in Korea.
To meet its customers’ diverse needs, Hyundai Motor will continue implementing various measures to deliver the world’s best products, including the all-new KONA, Santa Fe and IONIQ 5 N, the company’s first high-performance EV. More details about these new models will be shared in the near future.
In particular, Hyundai Motor will disclose more details about the all-new KONA in March. The B-SUV will be available in multiple powertrain variants, including EV, hybrid (HEV) and internal combustion engine (ICE), in global markets.
* Monthly sales figures provided in this press release are unaudited and on a preliminary basis.
1. Sales in Korea is based on retail sales while overseas sales (global sales excluding Korea) is based on wholesales.
2. Sales results include entire sedan, SUV and CV models produced by Hyundai Motor.
3. This press release contains forward-looking statements that are based on current expectations about possible future events. Our actual results may differ due to a variety of factors.
- End -
About Hyundai Motor Company
Established in 1967, Hyundai Motor Company is present in over 200 countries with more than 120,000 employees dedicated to tackling real-world mobility challenges around the globe. Based on the brand vision ‘Progress for Humanity,' Hyundai Motor is accelerating its transformation into a Smart Mobility Solution Provider. The company invests in advanced technologies such as robotics and Advanced Air Mobility (AAM) to bring about revolutionary mobility solutions, while pursuing open innovation to introduce future mobility services. In pursuit of sustainable future for the world, Hyundai will continue its efforts to introduce zero emission vehicles equipped with industry-leading hydrogen fuel cell and EV technologies.