Hyundai Motor Reports April 2023 Global Sales
- 2023 April global sales totaled 336,212 units, up 8.5% Y/y
- Hyundai Motor sold 269,552 units outside of Korea, a 7.6% increase Y/y
- Sales in Korea increased 12.2% Y/y to 66,660 unit
- The gradual recovery from the global parts shortage and newly launched models spurred the company’s robust sales momentum
- In April, Hyundai sold nearly 23,000 EVs with a solid sales performance of dedicated EV models, including IONIQ 5 and IONIQ 6
SEOUL, May 2, 2023 – Hyundai Motor Company today announced its April 2023 global sales of 336,212 units, a 8.5 percent increase year-over-year. Despite the continued uncertainties in the business environment, the company maintained its robust sales momentum this year, thanks to solid demand for Hyundai vehicles.
In April, sales outside Korea increased by 7.6 percent to 269,552 units. The production stabilization from the global parts shortage helped to secure the company’s solid performance in North America, Europe and India.
Sales in Korea were up 12.2 percent from a year earlier to 66,660 units with the introduction of new models, including the all-new Grandeur (badged as Azera outside of Korea) and strong demand for SUV models. In Korea, the Grandeur sold nearly 10,000 units and Hyundai’s SUV models collectively sold more than 21,349 units.
Hyundai Motor maintained its electric vehicle (EV) sales momentum by selling around 23,000 units around the globe in April. Hyundai’s dedicated IONIQ models, including IONIQ 5 and IONIQ 6, accounted for nearly 70 percent of the total EV sales.
To meet its customers’ diverse needs, Hyundai Motor will continue implementing various measures to deliver class-leading products, including the all-new KONA launched in March, Santa Fe and IONIQ 5 N, to be launched later this year. More details about the new models will be shared in the near future.
1. Sales in Korea is based on retail sales while overseas sales (global sales excluding Korea) is based on wholesales.
2. Sales results include sedan, SUV and CV models produced by Hyundai Motor.
3. This press release contains forward-looking statements that are based on current expectations about possible future events. Our actual results may differ due to a variety of factors.
- End -
About Hyundai Motor Company
Established in 1967, Hyundai Motor Company is present in over 200 countries with more than 120,000 employees dedicated to tackling real-world mobility challenges around the globe. Based on the brand vision ‘Progress for Humanity,' Hyundai Motor is accelerating its transformation into a Smart Mobility Solution Provider. The company invests in advanced technologies such as robotics and Advanced Air Mobility (AAM) to bring about revolutionary mobility solutions, while pursuing open innovation to introduce future mobility services. In pursuit of sustainable future for the world, Hyundai will continue its efforts to introduce zero emission vehicles equipped with industry-leading hydrogen fuel cell and EV technologies.