Hyundai Motor Reports 2022 Global Sales and 2023 Goals
- Hyundai Motor’s 2022 global sales totaled 3.94 million units, up 1.4% Y/y
- December monthly sales recorded 347,340 units, a 4% increase Y/y
- Company targets more than 4.32 million global vehicle sales in 2023
SEOUL, January 3, 2023 – Hyundai Motor Company today announced that it sold 3,944,579 vehicles in 2022, a 1.4 percent increase year-on-year.
Despite the challenging business environment caused by the ongoing pandemic and component supply issues, sales outside of Korea increased 2.9 percent to 3,255,695 units, thanks to the demand recoveries in global auto markets, supported by the strong sales of the company’s flagship and new models. Sales in Korea totaled 688,884 units, a 5.2 percent decline from a year earlier.
For December 2022, Hyundai’s monthly global sales totaled 347,340 units, including 276,953 for overseas markets and 70,387 for the Korean market.
Hyundai was also able to accelerate its transition to electrification last year, thanks to the strong sales of IONIQ 5 and the successful launch of IONIQ 6. The IONIQ 5 and IONIQ 6 together recorded over 100,000 units of global sales in 2022.
In 2023, Hyundai is aiming global sales of 4.32 million units, including its Genesis luxury brand, with optimized business strategies tailored for each region. The company aims to sell 3.54 million units in overseas markets and 781,000 units in Korea.
Hyundai plans to expand market share and operate profitability-oriented businesses by flexibly responding to market changes, accelerating its transition to electrification, responding to global environmental regulations, and optimizing production, logistics and sales by region.
The company will also continue implementing diverse measures to take care of its customers and to offer the world’s best products to meet their needs, including the all-new KONA, Santa Fe, and IONIQ 5 N, the company’s first high-performance EV, with details to be unveiled in the coming months. Furthermore, the company plans to solidify its global leadership in the eco-friendly mobility market through its award-winning IONIQ dedicated EV models.
* Monthly sales figures provided in this press release are unaudited and on a preliminary basis.
1. Sales in Korea is based on retail sales while overseas sales (global sales excluding Korea) is based on wholesales.
2. Sales results include entire sedan, SUV and CV models produced by Hyundai Motor.
3. This press release contains forward-looking statements that are based on current expectations about possible future events. Our actual results may differ due to a variety of factors
- End –
About Hyundai Motor Company
Established in 1967, Hyundai Motor Company is present in over 200 countries with more than 120,000 employees dedicated to tackling real-world mobility challenges around the globe. Based on the brand vision ‘Progress for Humanity,' Hyundai Motor is accelerating its transformation into a Smart Mobility Solution Provider. The company invests in advanced technologies such as robotics and Advanced Air Mobility (AAM) to bring about revolutionary mobility solutions, while pursuing open innovation to introduce future mobility services. In pursuit of sustainable future for the world, Hyundai will continue its efforts to introduce zero emission vehicles equipped with industry-leading hydrogen fuel cell and EV technologies.